What resources are available to help you transform your practice?
Join us at PCMH Congress and find out more about NCQA PCMH Recognition—the proven path to patient-centered care and one specified as an approved accreditor in MACRA legislation, fueling the growth of value-based care.
Dr Michael S. Barr and Patricia Barrett from the National Committee for Quality Assurance discuss Patient-Centered Home Care for the primary care provider.
Inside Health Care: Re-Energizing Your Practice: How the PCMH Model Impacts Physician Burnout In this episode of Inside Health Care, Dr. Mark H. Greenawald, Vice Chair of Academic Affairs and Professional Development at Carilion Clinic, talks about the "4th aim" of health care—the importance of caring for the caregivers.
EVIDENCE & RESEARCH STUDIES
View evidence outlining how the medical home inspires quality care and captures savings through expanded access and delivery options that align patient preferences with payer and provider capabilities.
NCQA-Recognized Patient-Centered Medical Home Studies included inside:
- NCQA Patient-Centered Medical Homes Cut Growth in Medicare Emergency Department Use
- NCQA Patient-Centered Medical Homes Lower Total Cost of Care for Medicare Fee-for-Service Beneficiaries
- NCQA Patient-Centered Medical Homes Increase Office Visits, Decrease ED Use Among Safety Net Clinics: California Medicaid
- NCQA Patient-Centered Medical Homes Lower Medicare Spending
- NCQA Patient-Centered Medical Homes Reduce Overall Health Costs; Study Reinforces Need for Reform Maturation Before Evaluation: Vermont Blueprint for Health
- NCQA Patient-Centered Medical Homes with Integrated Behavioral Health Improve Quality, Utilization, and Demonstrate Future of Team-Based Practice: Intermountain Healthcare Medical Group
- NCQA Patient-Centered Medical Homes Drive Quality Improvement, More Effective Utilization of Primary Care, and Fewer Hospital and Emergency Department Visits: Northeastern Pennsylvania Chronic Care Initiative
- NCQA Patient-Centered Medical Homes Increase Efficient Utilization of Health Care Services: Rochester Medical Home Initiative
- NCQA Patient-Centered Medical Homes with Financial and Technical Support Produce Sustained Reductions in Utilization: Colorado Multi-Payer HealthTeamWorks PCMH Pilot
- NCQA Patient-Centered Medical Home Patients Achieve Higher Medication Adherence Rates: CVS Health
PAYER SUPPORT (FEDERAL, STATE & COMMERCIAL)
Public and commercial payers offer incentives and support for NCQA PCMH Recognition.
Download now: Resource Directory of Incentives for NCQA Recognition
PCMH INTERVIEWS WITH NCQA
Read our collection of interviews with NCQA on patient-centered care.
Patient-Centered Oncology Care Model Improves Quality Measures
During a presentation at the PCMH Congress 2017, Kashyap Patel, MD, an oncologist at Carolina Blood and Cancer Care; Patricia Barrett, MHSA, vice president of product design and support at the NCQA; and Manasi Tirodkar, PhD, MS, a research scientist at the NCQA, presented data on NCQA’s Oncology Medical Home Recognition Program.
PCMH Key to Successful Population Management
A 2017 PCMH Congress presentation entitled “Population Health: Impact on the Medical Home Neighborhood,” by Dominic H Mack, MD, MBA, director of the National Center for Primary Care at the Morehouse School of Medicine, highlighted how quality evidence-based care models like the patient-centered medical home model and better policies that support small practices in underserved communities are the keys to achieving successful population health management.
Managed Care Innovator, Michael S. Barr, MD, MBA, MACP
Michael S. Barr, MD, MBA, MACP, Executive Vice President of NCQA — architect of America’s most popular patient-centered model of care — recently sat down with First Report Managed Care to discuss the new process for NCQA recognition, which began April 3.
Dr. Barr is a member of the PCMH Congress 2017 Steering Committee, and will present sessions at the meeting in Orlando this November. His portfolio at NCQA includes performance measurement development and testing, contract/grant management, research, and collaboration across NCQA on strategic initiatives and programs.
The Patient-Centered Medical Home of the Future
Dr. Michael Barr, Executive Vice President of NCQA, participates in a Managed Care Q&A with First Report Managed Care, discussing the benefits of PMCH and PCSP recognition programs to payers, providers, and patients.
Quality Care: A Unique Perspective
First Report Managed Care interviews Margaret E O’Kane, NCQA founder and president, on how quality care has evolved over the last quarter-century, which significant hurdles have been cleared, and the challenges that remain.
Ms. O’Kane will welcome 2017 PCMH Congress attendees this year in Orlando, and will provide opening remarks. NCQA-Recognized Certified Content Experts who attend are invited join Ms. O’Kane for lunch on Saturday during the conference.